We didn't get an email from Matthew last week, and have yet to get one this week. So I will update with news from the letter I received from him a few weeks ago. I sent him a package with some random things in it, including the ugliest tie I could find. I laughed out loud when I saw it and kept laughing throughout the purchase. I was excited to get Matt's reaction. Here's what he says:
Well today is P-Day and usually we go in to Carson City to the library to email but we are kinda low on miles so we'll go tomorrow to email since we have to go to District Meeting in Carson anyway. It was amazing this morning. We have to get up at 6:30 every morning and do our studies, but today at 10 we ended studies and went back to bed until 12:45! And it wasn't breaking the rules either! Woohoo! It felt aweseome. That was the most rested I have felt for 2.5 months. Awesome feeling.
Today we went to the Watts' for Family Home Evening. They are a really cool family. There is Bro & Sis Watts, Elaina, Steven, Joseph, Daniel and Kiara. Elaina is the oldest at 13 years old, so its chaos a lot of the time. We played ollie-ollie-oxenfree. Its a game where you have to hide and try and run to touch the base before the person that's "it" touches the base and calls you out. It was fun. We also had one of our investigators there. Jamie Gould is 16 and is kinda attached to Bro. Watts and his family because her family situation isn't the greatest. He was her Spanish teacher in HS. She's a good girl. I hope that her parents' hearts are softened and they let her be baptized.
Speaking of baptisms, we're having a few baptisms coming up. There's a guy named Brad who is being baptized on the 1st. He's really cool. Then there is Tosh Dawson. She had last Sunday off work, in writing - signed contract. She was scheduled for the 25th to be baptized and last Sunday was the last time she had to come before we had to move her baptismal date (postpone). Her boss went back on the contract and called her in to work. About 3 days later, she quit her job. She doesn't have a backup job to go to. All she knows is that she needs to come to church (and she did yesterday) and her job was in the way of her being baptized. That's amazing faith to me. Now her boss is trying to get her back with the promise that she won't work on Sundays, but she promised that before, so.... I don't know. She is an amazing woman.
On a different note, I love the tie! I didn't really like it at first, but then I put it on and I really liked it. It's a little out there so I'll probably only wear it on P-days, but it is now one of my favorites. Haha. I'm excited for baptisms!
Love Elder Little Brother
And now for some pictures!! The one above is of Matt hiking above some waterfalls.
Matt holding a baby bunny
The companions at work
Matt wearing the ugly tie in a Virgina City graveyard
The tie in all its ugly glory!





1 comment:
So glad you posted a pic of the ugly tie! :) It's nice to read something about Matt this week since we didn't get a letter. Matt is awesome!
Post a Comment