Hello from Las Vegas!! I just wanted to wish everybody a Merry Christmas! Things are going ok here. I just got transferred to Las Vegas for the first time in my mission! I have been up North in Carson City and Reno the whole time. I got transferred right before Christmas so it was especially hard leaving all the friends I had made in Reno. Other than that, things are going great. My new companion is really cool. I think he is a little burned out but I think that I will be able to motivate him to work while he is with me. I'm pretty excited.
I hope you are doing great. Let me tell ya, this mission thing is awesome. Tell your friends, neighbors, etc. If they aren't planning on a mission, consider it! I love it so much. I wouldn't have my life any other way right now.
Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love to give and make people smile. Since I don't have the time or money to give a lot of gifts this year, I hope that I can make your day a little brighter.
Okay, that was cheesy. I admit. I guess I'm just one of those weird missionaries. We all turn awkward at some point on our mission. I don't care though. I hope that everybody can be happy this Christmas. Enjoy the lights, snow, music, giving, etc. The worst is to see someone in a bad mood because they are too stressed at Christmas time. Be happy. That's all I wish. I love you all.
-Elder Blakemore
Email from 12/28:
Well, another Christmas has come and gone and the only thing that felt like Christmas this year was talking to everybody. We went to a few people's houses for meals and the families are nice but it just isn't the same without your own family. I wish that I could have been here longer than just a week and a half before Christmas. I always pray to love the people in my area, but it always comes slowly. My only regret this Christmas is that I didn't quite have that closeness with people that Christmas always fosters.
It's already the start of week 3 in the transfer! Crazy. Time flies when you are having fun. We just contacted some kids who sent in a referral for themselves at the Visitor's Center at St. George. They seem pretty cool but the Dad isn't encouraging them at all. I don't know if they will go anywhere but they were super excited to get their BoMs. So maybe.
New Years!! New Years eve, we have to be in by 6:00 and New Years Day is non-proselyting again. This week is going to fly by too. dang. Hopefully we will be able to see the fireworks on the strip from where we are. What do they do in Germany for New Years? Probably the same kind of stuff we do here huh.
Well, that's about it for me right now. I'm excited to get my presents when they get here. I bet that I'll be the only one opening presents on like January 10th. Haha. I'm so happy that I was able to talk to all of you. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment