Monday, September 13, 2010

Acknowledge the Lord in your life

September 13, 2010
I can't really think of anything significant that happened this week.  All of our solid investigators couldn't make it to their appts for some reason or other so that kinda sucked.  Actually, yesterday we re-started our investigator class.  It hadn't been held in months.  I taught the lesson and it was about Our Heavenly Father.  One of our investigators was in the class and then there was somebody that brought a friend.  I was happy with the result.  Our recent convert, Jason Stokely kept me on my toes.  He has some sort of mental disability and so he only has the mind of like a 15 year-old.  So he always has either almost-relevant comments or entirely irrelevant questions.  That always makes me nervous, but the Spirit was there and it helped me answer the questions in a way that we were easily able to get back on topic.  Thank goodness for the Holy Ghost.  whew.  Otherwise it could have been a disaster.  And I'm excited to talk to the lady this week that brought her friend.  Her friend seems really nice.
 
Other than that it was pretty uneventful.  I guess it's only been since Wednesday since I wrote last.
 
I don't know if I said this last time, but I'm re-reading the Book of Mormon and I'm highlighting all of the times that Jesus Christ is mentioned in there (as it claims to be "Another Testament of Jesus Christ").  It has been a really enjoyable and spiritual experience not only to look back and see the colors that cover every single page, but also to see the great example of Nephi to acknowledge the Lord in all the circumstances of his life.  It made me realize that God is a lot more interested in our lives than sometimes we suspect and not only interested but a lot more involved than we sometimes notice.  It's true too.  It reminds me of the challenge Tami took on last year to be more thankful.  In it she said, "there are some things that I've realized I'm thankful for that propelled me to feel a deep gratitude in my heart, where it remains a wonderful, personal reminder that my life is good and I am blessed."  When we acknowledge the Lord in our lives, we are a lot happier because we know that there is someone (In reality, 3 somebodies) a lot more powerful than we are that has a deep personal interest and involvement in our day to day activities and problems and heartaches and weaknesses and everything.  It helps me tremendously to know that. 
 
Anyway, I love you all!
-Elder Blakemore

No comments: